Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fleamarkets, dresses and Bags ...

Today I went to a flea market in Gronau, a city near the village where I live. I found two dresses and a vintage handbag.

This dress was the first one that I saw. It is made of a chiffon and polyester blend and has so much cute details ! I fell in love with the collar and the pieces of fabric on the sleeves. It has a print on it with very much flowers in pink and several shades of blue. Altough it is not vintage, it seems retro to me and due to the fact that is is older than a year or 2, (almost) nobody will wear it anymore.. The pictures my sister took in the first place turned out very blurry for some reason, so I decided to grab my duct-tape-dummy and put the dresses on her/him/it :).


This dress was a 1950's/early 1960's coat.
I sewed the bottom - from the last button to the hemline - so it couldn't fall 'open' anymore and could be a wearable dress. The sleeves wore too big for me so I shortened them. And for someone with like no sewing experience I think I did a pretty good job.


And this is the handbag I found. I had to buy it.
It is made out of straw and it has a metal zipper which has the word 'zipp' on it.
The inside is as adorable as the outside. It is lined with blue-yellow striped fabric and it has
two small pockets. I think it is from the 1930's
or 1940's.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...